Powered By Blogger

Black Circle

Black Circle of Gaia is on life support.

Monday, October 27, 2008

Skeletonwitch



Fuckin Skeletonwitch, fuck yes! Alright, so Skeletonwitch is a black/death/thrash band, another of those crazy crossover bands. So yeah, Skeletonwitch is a very good band, I got their albums Beyond The Permafrost and At One With The Shadows, which I'm going to share with you today. I gotta say first that Beyond The Permafrost does NOT disappoint, it delivers and keeps on delivering, and At One With The Shadows (which I checked out after, I'm all out of order) sounds very similar, only it includes more of a black metal sound to the vocals, whereas the vocals on BTP sound very death metal with high shrieks here and there. Anyway, this band is fucking brilliant, I wish I'd found them sooner than I did, but you can't do much about that. Their blend of bay-area thrash metal mixed with Blackened Death is fucking splendid, they hail from Athens, Ohio, and they are a band that gets around, so if they're near you, go see them. If nothing else, go see them for me, since I will never have such a chance. Life choice tip: Don't move to Hawaii if you're a metal fan.

At One With The Shadows
Beyond The Permafrost

No comments: