Powered By Blogger

Black Circle

Black Circle of Gaia is on life support.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Jesu




My friend Lauren over at The Stormbeard Guild requested some music that would make her cry. It didn’t take me long to figure out what I would post for her. This band is called Jesu, it was formed by Justin Broadrick following the break up of Godflesh. I picked Jesu for a couple of reasons, 1) because when I heard the Heartache EP my eyes did water and 2) Jesu should be heard by everyone, it doesn’t matter what your musical preference is.

Jesu can be described as an experimental rock/sludge band; their music is highly textured, and avant-garde. The Heartache EP was their first release, and it’s a very touching album, there are 2 songs which are 19 and 20 minutes in length. The vocals are stunning, smooth and serene. The instrumentals range from abrasive sludgy doom, to electronic and watery clean shit. This is very touching music, I was hooked as soon as the song Transfigure hit my ears.

Heartache EP
Conquerer

No comments: